In Ex Libris, you are a collector of rare and valuable books in a thriving gnomish village. Recently, the Mayor and Village Council have announced an opening for a Grand Librarian: a prestigious (and lucrative) position they intend to award to the most qualified villager! Unfortunately, several of your book collector colleagues (more like acquaintances, really) are also candidates.
To outshine your competition, you need to expand your personal library by sending your trusty assistants out into the village to find the most impressive tomes. Sources for the finest books are scarce, so you need to beat your opponents to them when they pop up.
You have only a week before the Mayor's Official Inspector comes to judge your library, so be sure your assistants have all your books shelved! The Inspector is a tough cookie and will use her Official Checklist to grade your library on several criteria including shelf stability, alphabetical order, and variety — and don't think she'll turn a blind eye to books the Council has banned! You need shrewd planning and cunning tactics (and perhaps a little magic) to surpass your opponents and become Grand Librarian!
- 2018 Origins Awards Best Card Game Winner
- 2018 Origins Awards Best Card Game Nominee
- 2018 Mensa Select Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
What's in the Box:
- 1 Folding Town Board
- 1 Double-sided Dry-erase “Official Library Inspection Form” Board
- 1 Dry Erase Marker
- 12 Double-sided Library Tiles
- 18 Oversized Location Tiles
- 12 Standard Assistant Meeples
- 12 Special Assistant Meeples
- 1 “Crystal Ball” First Player Token
- 152 Book Cards (with 510 unique book titles)
- 6 Category Cards
- 1 Rulebook
No. Players 1 - 4
Time 45 mins