LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set
The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun!
10+ yrs | For 2 students | 528 bricks
Building Confidence in Learning
SPIKE Prime engages students through playful learning to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level - while having fun.
- The SPIKE Prime solution brings together LEGO bricks, a programmable, multi-port Hub, coding language based on Scratch and STEAM learning units to help students of all learning levels build confidence and critical thinking skills.
- Offering an easy getting started experience, most SPIKE Prime’s standards-aligned lessons can be completed within a 45-minute class period – including building and coding.
- From easy entry lessons to the limitless creative designs, SPIKE Prime engages students regardless of their learning level in thinking critically, analyzing data and solving complex problems with real-world relevance.
- With teacher training, getting-started guides, and lesson plans, this solution is a great way to help build students’ confidence, strengthen their STEAM foundation, and set them up for success.
Everything you need -- in one box and online.
Bricks, programmable Hub, drag and drop software, app and lesson plans are everything you need to start quickly and build confidence—no matter what level your students are at.
- The heart of the SPIKE Prime system is the programmable Hub. This advanced yet simple-to-use, brick-shaped device features 6 input/output ports, 5x5 light matrix, Bluetooth connectivity, a speaker, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable battery.
- The SPIKE Prime Set also includes highly accurate motors and sensors that, together with a large variety of colorful LEGO building elements, let students design and build fun robots, dynamic devices and other interactive models.
- With many attachment points on the Hub, motors and sensors plus new, large building elements means students spend less time building and more time learning.
- The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays also means time spent setting up and clearing away is kept to a minimum, while the smaller trays are ideal when desk
The set includes over 500 appealing LEGO Technic elements in a fresh color palette. Included are new, never seen before, LEGO elements!
- The new 3x3 frame is a great spacing element and allow for easy change in the direction of the build
- The new 2x4 brick has a cross axle hole that lets you connect Technic and LEGO System elements for more fun and creative builds, opening up access to your entire LEGO collection
- A new base plate to provide an excellent prototyping surface, offered for the first time in Technic
- New frames so you can start building right away and build bigger models in no time
- New wheels for easy mount with motor, precise turns and improved manoeuvrability
- New wire clips in an assortment of colors to help keep wires in check
Access To Lesson Plans
Engage students with three STEAM learning units focused on Engineering and Computer Science, linked to curriculum standards, and mostly optimized for 45-minute sessions.
The comprehensive online lesson plans with a wealth of accessible, interactive support material give teachers everything they need to deliver lessons with confidence.
Introduce your students to coding and robotics in a simple and intuitive way with the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ App. SPIKE Prime’s drag-and-drop coding environment for tablets and computers is based on the popular Scratch programming language which is used by millions of children around the world — and easy to use!
Supported operating systems: iOS, Chrome,
Grow critical thinking skills through complex and personally relevant STEAM challenges with SPIKE Prime.
SPIKE Prime Units
Designed for students grades 6-8 and most optimized for 45-minute lessons, our units accelerate STEAM learning by consistently engaging students to think critically and to solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level.
The Invention Squad unit focuses on the engineering design process.
What will your students invent today?
Students will in each lesson focus on one specific step of the design process:
- Defining a problem
- Making prototypes
In the final lesson, students will integrate all of these steps into a project in which they will design something for someone.
Kickstart A Business
This unit focuses on computational thinking skills for a Computer Science class.
Got a great idea? Entrepreneurship can strike at any moment, so get ready to transform thoughts into reality in our Kickstart a Business unit!
Students will in the different lessons focus on exploring key skills:
- Decomposing a problem in smaller parts
- Recognising patterns and using code snippets in different context
- Creating algorithms
In the final lesson, students will integrate all these skills into a project to design a factory box sorter.
The Life Hacks unit focuses on data representation and manipulation for a Computer Science class.
Looking at data doesn’t have to be boring! Bring fun ways to spice up the way data is represented in life.
Students will in the different lessons focus on exploring key concepts:
- Variables and operations
- Qualitative cloud weather data
- Quantitative cloud weather data
In the final lesson, students will integrate all these concepts into a project to design a personal trainer to learn something faster.
In the Competition Ready unit, students will be introduced to the world of robotics competitions as they gradually learn the basics of building and programming autonomous robots using sensors.
Working together to build an effective competition robot, they'll systematically test and refine programs, using the design process to develop a solution in order to complete missions, all the while developing skills related to collaboration and teamwork, and life skills for their future careers.
Our comprehensive online lesson plans and a wealth of accessible, interactive support material give teachers everything they need to deliver lessons with confidence, whatever their previous experience.