Quarto is a quick play strategy game.
The playing pieces have eight features which must be observed and managed while playing. These include: Tall, Short, Light, Dark, Round, Square, Hollow Top, Solid Top. Any given piece has exactly four features. Each piece is unique.Play by selecting an unused piece and give it to your opponent. Players never gets to choose which piece they want to play. They can only play the piece given to them. Be very cautious that you do not provide your opponent a piece that allows them to win.
Win QUARTO by placing the last piece in a row of four pieces where there is ONE common feature among all four pieces. So always watch when there is a row of three pieces already on the playing board.Easy to learn game. Easy to show others how to play.
A classic game that requires careful observation. Strategy for success takes practice.
The mini edition (18 x 18 x 4) is great any travel, or if your board game shelf is too packed for a regular sized version! A shrink down version for that same great game.
Classic edition (28 x 28 x 6) is the perfect size for any coffee table and the "go to" edition for that great wooden game without breaking the bank.
The Deluxe edition boasts heirloom quality walnut and maple wood pieces and board. Deluxe Quarto is the perfect gift for brain game collectors and aficionados who pride themselves on beautiful home decor and entertainment.
Contents : one board, 16 wooden pieces, Rules.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Dé d’Or des Créateurs de Jeux 1989 – Paris, FRANCE
- Oscar du Jouet-Toy Oscar 1992– Paris, FRANCE
- Jouet de l’année-Game of the Year 1992 - BRUSSELS
- Super As d’Or Festival International des Jeux-Super Golden Ace 1992 – Cannes, FRANCE
- Toy Award 1992– BENELUX
- Spiel des Jahres-Game of the Year 1993– GERMANY
- Giocco Dell’anno-Game of the Year 1993– ITALY
- Speelgoed Vant Jaar-Game of the year 1993– NETHERLANDS
- Mensa Select Top 5 Best Games 1993 – USA
- Parent’s Choice Gold Award 1993 – USA
- Best Bet of the Toy Testing Council 1994– CANADA
- Prix d’Excellence des Consommateurs-Consumer’s Toy Award 1994– Quebec, CANADA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection”1995 – USA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection” 1996 – USA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection” 1997 - USA
- Game of the Year 2004 – FINLAND
- Parent’s Choice Top 25 games in 25 years 2004 – USA
Age 8 - 99 years
No. Players 2 - 4 (best with 2 Players)
Time 10 mins