Yellow Chili Pepper Plant Pods
Grow yellow chili peppers in your indoor garden!
Yellow chili peppers have a smooth texture and will spice up any meal. These peppers offer a sweet peppery flavor and a heat that can vary from 30 000 to 50 000 Scoville heat units (comparable to tabasco and cayenne). Add some spice to both fresh and cooked meals by growing your own yellow chili peppers!
Capsicum annuum - Plant is not edible. Poisonous! Only the fruits of the chili are edible.
Sprouts in: 14 - 21 days
Harvest in: 14 - 18 weeks
Grows best at: 20°C – 35°C
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to at least 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in a pod, leave one seedling to grow to ensure the plant has enough space and nutrients.
- Do not cut or prune your plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Please note! Only the fruits of the chili are edible, the rest of the plant is poisonous and should not be consumed.
- Yellow Chili Pepper fruits ripen from green to yellow approximately 3 to 4 months after the pod is planted.
- The heat level of fruits is 30 000 to 50 000 on Scoville heat units, similar to cayenne and tabasco.
- Friendly warning! It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after handling chili peppers. It is also best to avoid rubbing your eyes or touching other tender body parts after handling any chilies.
Click & Grow Yellow Chili pepper benefits:
- Growing chilies has never been easier than with a Smart Garden
- Yellow peppers offer vitamin A as well as folate, one of the B vitamins.
- No GMO's, pesticides or herbicides used. Just clean organic produce.
- Experience having a farmers market on your own windowsill with Click & Grow!