LEGO Education Simple Machines Set
Simple Machines is an engaging hands-on tool that introduces young students to the basic principles behind gears, wheels, axels, levers and pulleys, while laying the groundwork for further learning about science and engineering.
This set contains a brick assortment that includes gears, wheels and axles, levers, and pulleys.
Use this set with the accompanying curriculum pack to engage students in investigating and understanding the operation of simple and compound machines found in everyday life. The support materials provided in this curriculum pack include teacher guidance and student worksheets.
- 16 principle models
- Four main models and four problem-solving models
- Enable students to investigate and understand the operation of simple and compound machines found in everyday life.
Key Learning Values
- Observing and investigating simple machines: gears, wheels and axles, levers and pulleys.
- Following a design brief as part of the engineering design process
- Investigating and working through observations, reasoning, predicting, reflecting and critical thinking
Includes 204 bricks and elements that can be used to teach basic physical science concepts.
Piece count: 204
Download curriculum for Simple Machines for FREE