Introduced by the Moors, azulejos (originally white and blue ceramic tiles) were fully embraced by the Portuguese when their king Manuel I, on a visit to the Alhambra palace in Southern Spain, was mesmerized by the stunning beauty of the Moorish decorative tiles. The king, awestruck by the interior beauty of the Alhambra, immediately ordered that his own palace in Portugal be decorated with similar wall tiles. As a tile-laying artist, you have been challenged to embellish the walls of the Royal Palace of Evora.
In the game Azul, players take turns drafting colored tiles from suppliers to their player board. Later in the round, players score points based on how they've placed their tiles to decorate the palace. Extra points are scored for specific patterns and completing sets; wasted supplies harm the player's score. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2018 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- 2018 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2018 Origins Awards Best Family Game Winner
- 2018 Origins Awards Best Family Game Nominee
- 2018 Mensa Select Winner
- 2018 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Winner
- 2018 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Nominee
- 2017 Meeples' Choice Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
- 2017 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Winner
- 2017 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
No. Players 2 - 4
Time 30 - 45 mins
Expected arrival: Oct 2018*
Note: This is a pre-order item which is pending available soon. You're ordering this item in advance.
*Date may subject to change